Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
As you may have heard, on May 31, the Ottawa Jazz Festival received notice from the Ford Government that a Celebrate Ontario grant in the amount of $290,000 would not be available to us. This grant has been awarded to the Jazz Festival annually for the last 12 years. The timing of this announcement has […]
Jane Siberry’s skewed melodies and sensuous experimentalism helped pave the way for Canada’s current generation of art-pop from Austra and Allie X, to Grimes and Bernice.
Judith Hill and her band played Ottawa in 2016, in our After Dark Series, and that was the highlight of the festival for anyone there. When we heard Judith was touring this summer we had to put her on the TD Main Stage. Whoever will come will love it.
Groundbreaking Women Perform at 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is proud of its tradition of presenting up-and-coming artists such as Diana Krall in the ’90s to established artists and legends like Aretha Franklin, Esperanza Spalding, Tanya Tagaq, Mavis Staples and many more featured over the past 39 years. In putting […]
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival regrets to announce the cancellation of the Cécile McLorin Salvant concert on Saturday June 29 at 7:00pm & 9:00pm due to the untimely passing of celebrated drummer Lawrence Leathers on June 2nd. Everyone who purchased a ticket online will be automatically refunded within 7 business days. Patrons who […]
How can you help the Festival?
This show is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Limited VIP seating available for Norah Jones on June 25
- Stingray Rising Stars winners at 2019 TD Jazz Youth Summit July 9, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Afro-futurist post-bop saxophonist Nubya Garcia June 27, 2019
- Help Restore Funding to the Ottawa Jazz Festival June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Omara Portuondo’s “Last Kiss” farewell world tour June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Triple Grammy Award-winner Terri Lyne Carrington June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Prince disciple Donna Grantis wields a golden axe, fuses melodic funk with metallic jazz June 24, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Thelonius Monk competition winner Melissa Aldana June 24, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: A gender-equal big band led by Christine Jensen June 22, 2019
- Help Restore Funding to OJF! June 20, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Toronto’s seminal legend of feminist new wave art-pop, Jane Siberry June 20, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Judith Hill headlines opening night June 18, 2019
- Groundbreaking Women to Perform in 2019 June 11, 2019
- Cécile McLorin Salvant’s show cancelled June 10, 2019
- DONATE, PURCHASE a FESTIVAL PASS and COME OUT in full force to support your JAZZ FESTIVAL! June 7, 2019