Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
As you may have heard, on May 31, the Ottawa Jazz Festival received notice from the Ford Government that a Celebrate Ontario grant in the amount of $290,000 would not be available to us. This grant has been awarded to the Jazz Festival annually for the last 12 years. The timing of this announcement has […]
Jane Siberry’s skewed melodies and sensuous experimentalism helped pave the way for Canada’s current generation of art-pop from Austra and Allie X, to Grimes and Bernice.
Judith Hill and her band played Ottawa in 2016, in our After Dark Series, and that was the highlight of the festival for anyone there. When we heard Judith was touring this summer we had to put her on the TD Main Stage. Whoever will come will love it.
Groundbreaking Women Perform at 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is proud of its tradition of presenting up-and-coming artists such as Diana Krall in the ’90s to established artists and legends like Aretha Franklin, Esperanza Spalding, Tanya Tagaq, Mavis Staples and many more featured over the past 39 years. In putting […]
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival regrets to announce the cancellation of the Cécile McLorin Salvant concert on Saturday June 29 at 7:00pm & 9:00pm due to the untimely passing of celebrated drummer Lawrence Leathers on June 2nd. Everyone who purchased a ticket online will be automatically refunded within 7 business days. Patrons who […]
How can you help the Festival?
This show is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Limited VIP seating available for Norah Jones on June 25
- Four live streamed shows coming Nov 13 – 15! October 21, 2020
- View our 2020 Online TENACITY Series – Thank you for your support! August 20, 2020
- Digital Creative Music Summit at the 2020 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest July 17, 2020
- If you love the music, please consider donating now! June 13, 2020
- Buy a record, help a musician and make a difference May 14, 2020
- Back at Confederation Park for its 40th Anniversary, the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival announces its most consummate jazz lineup for all music aficionados March 13, 2020
- Ottawa Jazz Festival mourns the loss of one of its heroes January 27, 2020
- 2020 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest – Inspiration Behind the Design January 24, 2020
- Notice – 2019 Ottawa Jazz Festival AGM November 20, 2019
- Stingray Rising Stars winners at 2019 TD Jazz Youth Summit July 9, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Afro-futurist post-bop saxophonist Nubya Garcia June 27, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Omara Portuondo’s “Last Kiss” farewell world tour June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Triple Grammy Award-winner Terri Lyne Carrington June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Prince disciple Donna Grantis wields a golden axe, fuses melodic funk with metallic jazz June 24, 2019