Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
Programming Manager Petr Cancura reveals the 2017 lineup! View the schedule here!
Apply now to join our dynamic and dedicated family of volunteers!
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival swings into spring with a live auction and benefit concert featuring Latin Grammy/Juno winner, singer-songwriter Alex Cuba at Library & Archives Canada (395 Wellington St.), March 2, 6pm to raise the necessary funds to present the 37th edition of the much-anticipated Festival (June 22 – July 2).
The 33z is a new tribute project initiated by Ed Lister – trumpet (arrangements) and Petr Cancura – saxophones (arrangements) along with local Ottawa musicians Alex Moxon – guitar, Clayton Connell – piano/keyboards, JP Lapensee – bass and Stephen Adubofour – drums. They’ll take on projects by significant composers of our times.
Last June Mélanie E., a group created by Mélanie and Keith Hartshorn-Walton, were a huge hit at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival’s 24-Hour Jazz Ramble. The Festival invited them to take part in this year’s TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival…
One of the most groundbreaking and influential saxophonists of our time, multiple Grammy Nominee, SF JAZZ founding member, Guggenheim and MacArthur Fellow Miguel Zenón will perform with his killer Miguel Zenón Quartet at the 6th TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival…
It wasn’t until I moved to New York City that I truly came to appreciate the full depth and breadth of Canada’s jazz talent. On several occasions, I’d end up at a session or a gig with a bunch of great musicians and it wasn’t until we began speaking that I learned I wasn’t the only Canadian performing. This also happened with the great inspirational drummer and fellow Canadian Harris Eisenstadt, who as it happened, lived only a few blocks away from me in Brooklyn.
The 6th edition of the TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival will take place from February 9 – 12, 2017, at the new La Nouvelle Scène. Shows will alternate between two stages (Studio A and Studio B) as well as the Bistro (in the lounge entrance) where two Winter Jazz Jams on the Friday and Saturday will take place after the last show with food and drink service…
- Jazz Pianist Extraordinaire, Brian Browne, Dies At 81 June 6, 2018
- JAZZ… Every hour on the hour: The 24-Hour Jazz Ramble is back with some of the city’s top musicians May 18, 2018
- An astounding array of superlative artists to perform at 2018 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival March 9, 2018
- ‘Six degrees of separation” at 2018 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest January 29, 2018
- Notice – 2017 Ottawa Jazz Festival AGM October 17, 2017
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Fun Facts – CANCELLED September 28, 2017
- Stingray Rising Stars awarded at TD Ottawa Jazz Festival July 2, 2017
- Charlie Haden’s Liberation Music Orchestra CANCELLED – The Bad Plus perform instead June 28, 2017
- Late Night Jam Sessions June 26, 2017
- Daily 50/50 Winning Numbers June 23, 2017
- NEW! FREE OC Transpo Shuttle June 6, 2017
- 2017 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Channel available through Stingray Music! May 25, 2017
- CELEBRATE CANADA DAY AT THE TD OTTAWA JAZZ FESTIVAL May 4, 2017
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival announces even more programming! May 4, 2017