Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
One of the most groundbreaking and influential saxophonists of our time, multiple Grammy Nominee, SF JAZZ founding member, Guggenheim and MacArthur Fellow Miguel Zenón will perform with his killer Miguel Zenón Quartet at the 6th TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival…
It wasn’t until I moved to New York City that I truly came to appreciate the full depth and breadth of Canada’s jazz talent. On several occasions, I’d end up at a session or a gig with a bunch of great musicians and it wasn’t until we began speaking that I learned I wasn’t the only Canadian performing. This also happened with the great inspirational drummer and fellow Canadian Harris Eisenstadt, who as it happened, lived only a few blocks away from me in Brooklyn.
The 6th edition of the TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival will take place from February 9 – 12, 2017, at the new La Nouvelle Scène. Shows will alternate between two stages (Studio A and Studio B) as well as the Bistro (in the lounge entrance) where two Winter Jazz Jams on the Friday and Saturday will take place after the last show with food and drink service…
Monday, November 28, 2016 at 6pm. Colonel By Room, Ottawa City Hall. Open to all Members of the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
“The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival has always been a place to discover new music with enough choice and selection overlap you’d need a couple of clones to really take in all the festival has to offer each year.” – Andre Gagne, Ottawa Life (2016)
On July 1st, 9 awards were handed out to the 2016 TD Jazz Youth Summit participants.
Wynton Marsalis heads up a stellar lineup tonight! (And we’ve got some driving hints to evade the #3amigos gridlock.)
A spotlight on the biggest but least talked about instrument in any brass ensemble and its many appearances at Ottawa Jazz by Dr. Keith Hartshorn-Walton, musician and educator!
- The Lost Fingers Swings into Spring at annual Benefit Concert and Auction February 13, 2019
- Norah Jones tickets, Gold & Bronze Passes now available! February 1, 2019
- Congratulations Kevin Breit! JUNO nominated master guitarist performs at TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest on Feb 8! January 30, 2019
- Jeanie Vanderzon wins Volunteer of the Year award!!! November 7, 2018
- Notice – 2018 Ottawa Jazz Festival AGM Copy November 6, 2018
- Trumpet master, Roy Hargrove dies at age 49 November 6, 2018
- RIP Ron Sweetman November 5, 2018
- Insights from the legendary Jerry Granelli October 25, 2018
- 5 Questions with Darius Jones September 14, 2018
- R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, the “Queen of Soul” August 16, 2018
- RIP Ken Pickering, creative genius and leader of the Vancouver Jazz Festival August 13, 2018
- Jazz Pianist Extraordinaire, Brian Browne, Dies At 81 June 6, 2018
- JAZZ… Every hour on the hour: The 24-Hour Jazz Ramble is back with some of the city’s top musicians May 18, 2018
- An astounding array of superlative artists to perform at 2018 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival March 9, 2018