Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
It is with great sadness that the Ottawa Jazz Festival learned of the passing of a dear friend, supporter and jazz connoisseur Ron Sweetman.
With a career spanning 60 years, drummer, artist, Buddhist, and founding member of the Halifax Jazz Festival, the legendary Jerry Granelli has collaborated with some of the most renowned artists of the twentieth century. The Ottawa Jazz Festival took the opportunity to delve into some of Jerry’s insights from his vast experience:
Are you familiar with the NYC composer/saxophonist Darius Jones? With his upcoming Ottawa appearance taking place on Tuesday, September 18th at the National Arts Centre’s Fourth Stage, we took the opportunity to get know him on a deeper level. Jones will perform the most recent album from his Man’ish Boy Epic, an ambitious multi-recording of nine albums reflecting […]
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival sends its sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Aretha Franklin, the “Queen of Soul”. We were fortunate to have presented Aretha to perform at the festival in 2014 where we reported the second largest single ticket sales in the festival’s history. It was extraordinary meeting the great lady […]
Our great mentor, Ken Pickering, is dead of cancer, too soon, too soon. Ken was for all of us a leader, mentor, music zealot, knowing and loving those fine musical moments of genius and insight; Ken was also loving and kind and the definition of friend. I cannot imagine the sadness for Chris, the love […]
Long regarded as one of Canada’s lead jazz pianists, Brian Browne, has died. Brian passed away late afternoon, Tuesday, June 5 after defiantly ‘duking it out’ with lung cancer. Brian was 81 years of age.
From 10am Friday, May 24 – 10am Saturday, May 25, more than two dozen of the city’s best musicians will perform non-stop in 45-minute sets every on the hour, all day and all night, at the Record Centre…
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is proud to continue its tradition of acclaimed excellence and present a diverse and vibrant lineup in its 38th year!
- View our 2020 Online TENACITY Series – Thank you for your support! August 20, 2020
- Digital Creative Music Summit at the 2020 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest July 17, 2020
- Buy a record, help a musician and make a difference June 14, 2020
- If you love the music, please consider donating now! June 13, 2020
- Back at Confederation Park for its 40th Anniversary, the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival announces its most consummate jazz lineup for all music aficionados March 13, 2020
- Ottawa Jazz Festival mourns the loss of one of its heroes January 27, 2020
- 2020 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest – Inspiration Behind the Design January 24, 2020
- Notice – 2019 Ottawa Jazz Festival AGM November 20, 2019
- Stingray Rising Stars winners at 2019 TD Jazz Youth Summit July 9, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Afro-futurist post-bop saxophonist Nubya Garcia June 27, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Omara Portuondo’s “Last Kiss” farewell world tour June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Triple Grammy Award-winner Terri Lyne Carrington June 26, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Prince disciple Donna Grantis wields a golden axe, fuses melodic funk with metallic jazz June 24, 2019
- #WomenInMusic Spotlight: Thelonius Monk competition winner Melissa Aldana June 24, 2019