Welcome to your behind the scenes portal to bits and pieces about the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
It takes many individuals to organize and execute an event of this magnitude including staff, the board of directors, volunteers, sponsors and of course a remarkable array of musicians. Throughout the year, we’ll introduce readers to some very special individuals who make it all possible.
The Guardian calls David Virelles and Román Díaz’s Afro-Cuban jazz an “engrossing mix of rhythmic ambiguity, impassioned themes, jazz improv and the palpable sense of a contemporary music with a long past.” See the mystery unfold.
Staff at the Ottawa Jazz Festival are often asked, “What do you do year-round after the Festival?” Many would be surprised to know that planning for next year begins as soon as the stage lights are dimmed after the last concert.
Japan’s Mouse on the Keys combine jazz chops with hardcore energy, Feb. 7 on the Fourth Stage!
We’re giving every Winter Jazz attendee (Feb. 5 – 7) an entry into a draw to win one of two Gold Passes to the 36th annual TD Ottawa Jazz Festival or one of three Bronze Passes!
After 10 years of valued service, Sponsorship Director Ellie MacDonald is leaving the Ottawa Jazz Festival to pursue new opportunities in the high-tech industry.
John Geggie’s prize-winning Journey Band includes five of Canada’s top improvisers, with backgrounds ranging from Celtic fiddle to baroque to drone, collaborating for the first time ever on Feb. 6 at Winter Jazz.
This past fall we learned that the board of directors at CTM Media Group in New York City awarded the 2015 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival brochure first prize for its design and layout!
Six free concerts on Canada Day at Confederation Park and City Hall, including Zaki Ibrahim, Jill Zmud, the Heavyweights Brass Band and more!
- Jazz Pianist Extraordinaire, Brian Browne, Dies At 81 June 6, 2018
- JAZZ… Every hour on the hour: The 24-Hour Jazz Ramble is back with some of the city’s top musicians May 18, 2018
- An astounding array of superlative artists to perform at 2018 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival March 9, 2018
- ‘Six degrees of separation” at 2018 TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest January 29, 2018
- Notice – 2017 Ottawa Jazz Festival AGM October 17, 2017
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Fun Facts – CANCELLED September 28, 2017
- Stingray Rising Stars awarded at TD Ottawa Jazz Festival July 2, 2017
- Charlie Haden’s Liberation Music Orchestra CANCELLED – The Bad Plus perform instead June 28, 2017
- Late Night Jam Sessions June 26, 2017
- Daily 50/50 Winning Numbers June 23, 2017
- NEW! FREE OC Transpo Shuttle June 6, 2017
- 2017 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Channel available through Stingray Music! May 25, 2017
- CELEBRATE CANADA DAY AT THE TD OTTAWA JAZZ FESTIVAL May 4, 2017
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival announces even more programming! May 4, 2017