People with disabilities are welcome to attend our event. The Ottawa Jazz Festival has several features to ensure it is as accessible as possible:
- The Festival is without barriers & there are no stairs within the boundaries of the park
- There is an Accessibility Zone located in front of the Gold Circle tent that is limited to four (4) wheelchairs. This zone has a raised hard floor that ensures safety and comfort. Each patron in need of special seating may be assisted by a companion.
- Although all gates are on flat ground our accessible gate is gate 5, this gate has a safe spot for para-transpo drop offs and is closest to the Main Stage. Gate 5 is located next to the Canal on Lawrence Freeman Lane (the road that goes behind the National Arts Centre and UNDER the Mackenzie King Bridge). This gate is the closest gate to the Accessibility Zone.
- Any patron with a disability is entitled to an additional ticket or pass for their attendant. This ticket will be provided at the time of purchase.
- Accessible Washrooms are located around the park. They are at most portable toilet groups as well as right behind the Gold Circle tent (near the Accessibility Zone).
- Collapsible lawn chairs are permitted throughout the site and we encourage those who may have difficulty standing for long periods to bring them.
Can I bring my child?
Yes! Children 12 and under are free in the park (TekkSavvy Main Stage and Tartan Homes Stage). Children do still require a ticket for all indoor shows as well as for the Platinum Section and the Gold Circle Tent
House Policies concerning alcohol service
- All patrons must be at least 19 years of age and must have valid, one-piece, government issued, photo identification
- Acceptable forms of identification include:
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with a photograph
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card with a photograph
- Canadian Armed Forces identification card
- An LCBO BYID photo card
- Staff and Management reserve the right to refuse entry or service to any individual or party
- Individuals demonstrating signs of intoxication will not be allowed to enter or will be refused service and ejected from the premises
- Beverage alcohol containers are not permitted to be brought onto or removed from the premises
- Staff and Management reserve the right to inspect personal effects at any time
- The following behaviors are grounds for ejection:
- Rowdiness, violent or aggressive behavior
- Use or possession of illegal narcotics
- Use of counterfeit currency
- Vandalism or theft
- Showing signs of intoxication
- Engaging in conduct that may cause harm to yourself or others
- Non-compliance with a staff request
- Disobeying any house policy
Please Enjoy Responsibly!
I have a delicious 1993 Chateau Ausone I think pairs nicely with jazz, may I bring it with me to the park?
Audience members are not permitted to bring outside alcohol to TD Ottawa Jazz Festival concerts. A selection of premium wines will be available for purchase on festival grounds. House wine, beer and ready-mixed beverages continue to be available for purchase. Non-alcoholic beverages in sealed containers are permissible. The Ottawa Jazz Festival volunteers, staff, and security appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
I’m lost! Is there a map of the park and side venues?
Can I bring a water bottle?
Yes – a water station is provided on site to refill your bottles and save plastic bottles from our landfills.
When is the 2017 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival?
The 2017 TD Ottawa International Jazz Festival runs June 22 to July 2.
Is there parking?
The Festival does not having a designated parking area, however the National Arts Centre, City Hall, Rideau Centre and World Exchange Plaza have parkades within walking distance. Rates may vary. Street parking is also available in the evening.
La Nouvelle Scène seems far away. How do I get there?
There is a FREE daily shuttle bus that will deliver you to and from our shows at La Nouvelle Scène. Full details are here.
If you are driving to La Nouvelle Scène parking is available on both sides of the venue. A $5 parking pass can be purchased from the machine at the parking lot.
Is there food at the park?
The Ottawa Jazz Festival has a number of concessionaires ready to satisfy your cravings for anything from mini doughnuts to Indian food.
Are there bike racks at the park?
Yes there are unsupervised bike racks inside the park gates in the south-west corner nearest the Laurier and Elgin st. entrance..
Can I bring my dog?
Unfortunately dogs are not permitted inside Confederation Park during festival hours. Exceptions will be made for Working Dogs..
Can I smoke in the park?
The Ottawa Jazz Festival has partnered with Ottawa Public Health to become one of the first smoke-free Festivals in the city. Smokers are asked to please leave the park in order to light up. Re-entry to the park is quick and painless. Thank you for your cooperation..
What about drink?
The entirety of the gated park area at both Confederation Park and City Hall is licensed for the consumption of beer, wine, cider, and more during Festival hours! (11 a.m. – 1 a.m.).
No outside alcohol is permitted at any TD Ottawa Jazz Festival concert.
What can’t I bring?
No fireworks. No booze. No Chains. No weapons… basically don’t bring anything you wouldn’t bring to the airport..
I am a kick-ass photographer can I bring my gear and shoot the artists on stage?
Professional photography and recording equipment is prohibited. Only official Festival-approved photographers are permitted to take photographs..
Hey that band rocked can I buy their album and tour t-shirt on impulse somewhere?
There is a merchandise and cd sales tent in the centre of Confederation Park where you can pick that up..
It’s raining will tonight’s show be cancelled?
Outdoor shows at the Ottawa Jazz Festival run rain or shine. Concerts may be delayed but will resume shortly after the worst of the rain has subsided..
Hey I was on my way home from work and some joker in a red shirt told me I couldn’t cut through the park to the bus station. What gives?!
The Park is closed to the public during Festival hours beginning in the late afternoon when only ticket holders will be admitted.
Can I get into the Tartan Homes Stage (Festival Plaza) concerts with my Park ticket?
Yes. Yes you can… Have fun. Go. Go now. Why are you still reading this….
I am worried about hearing loss. Do you have any literature I can look at to inform me of the risks and precautions I can take?
Yes. Yes we do… generously provided by Ottawa Public Health.