Frequently Asked Questions
When is the 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival?
The 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival will run from Friday, June 21 to Monday, July 1. Festival hours are from 11:00am to 1:00am.
Where is the 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival being held?
The 2019 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival will be located at Marion Dewar Plaza (TD Main Stage), Confederation Park (OLG Stage), and the National Arts Centre (NAC).
Is there a map of the park and side venues?
For a map of the site including the park and side venues click on the following link (Site Map).
Can I bring my child?
Children under the age of 12 are free for outdoor shows at the TD Main Stage (Marion Dewar Plaza), and OLG Stage (Confederation Park). Youth aged 13-25 can purchase a Youth ticket.
Children under the age of 12 do require a ticket or pass for all indoor shows (National Arts Centre) and admission to the Platinum Section and Gold Circle Tent.
Is there parking?
The Festival does not have a designated parking area, however parking is available at the National Arts Centre, Ottawa City Hall, Rideau Centre and World Exchange Plaza. Rates may vary. Street parking is also available in the evening.
People with disabilities are welcome to attend our event. Both the TD Main Stage at Marion Dewar Plaza and the OLG Stage at Confederation Park are conveniently accessible:
- Marion Dewar Plaza and Confederation Park are both barrier free environments equally accessible to both disabled and enabled patrons, therefore, there will not be a designated seating area.
- Each disabled patron requiring special assistance is entitled to an additional entry for their attendant. Their attendant will be given a wristband upon entry to the park, which will allow them access.
- For Para-Transpo drop offs, the most convenient access is at the Drill Hall, off of Queen Elizabeth Drive and is closest to the TD Main Stage.
- Accessible Washrooms are located at both Marion Dewar Plaza and Confederation Park.
- Collapsible lawn chairs are permitted throughout Marion Dewar Plaza and we encourage those who may have difficulty standing for long periods to bring them. Lawn chair rentals are available at the Merchandise tent (close to the box office tent) for $5 with a $15 deposit.
Are there bike racks?
Yes there are unsupervised bike racks at City Hall and the south-west corner nearest the Laurier and Elgin St. entrance.
House Policies concerning alcohol service
- All patrons must be at least 19 years of age and must have valid, one-piece, government issued, photo identification.
- Acceptable forms of identification include:
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with a photograph
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card with a photograph
- Canadian Armed Forces identification card
- An LCBO BYID photo card
- Staff and Management reserve the right to refuse entry or service to any individual or party.
- Individuals demonstrating signs of intoxication will not be allowed to enter or will be refused service and ejected from the premises.
- Beverage alcohol containers are not permitted to be brought onto or removed from the premises.
- Staff and Management reserve the right to inspect personal effects at any time.
- The following behaviors are grounds for ejection:
- Rowdiness, violent or aggressive behavior
- Use or possession of illegal narcotics
- Use of counterfeit currency
- Vandalism or theft
- Showing signs of intoxication
- Engaging in conduct that may cause harm to yourself or others
- Non-compliance with a staff request
- Disobeying any house policy
Please Enjoy Responsibly!
Can I bring my own alcoholic drinks to the Festival?
No outside alcohol is permitted at any TD Ottawa Jazz Festival concert.
The entirety of the gated park area at both Marion Dewar Plaza and Confederation Park is licensed for the consumption of beer, wine, cider, and more during Festival hours (11 a.m. – 1 a.m.).
A selection of premium wines, beer, local cider and ready-mixed beverages will be available for purchase on festival grounds. Non-alcoholic beverages in sealed containers are permissible. The festival volunteers, staff, and security appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Can I bring a water bottle?
Yes – a water station is provided on site to refill your bottles and save plastic bottles from our landfills.
Is there food at the park?
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival has a number of concessionaires and vendors with a variety of food and beverage options for sale.
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs, and other pets are not permitted inside the Park during festival hours. Guide and service dogs (as well as other service animals) are permitted.
Can I smoke at the Festival?
The Ottawa Jazz Festival is a smoke-free festival. Smoking, including the use of cigarettes, cannabis, and vaping are not permitted on the festival grounds. Smokers are asked to please leave the premises in order to smoke. Ticket and Pass holders can re-enter the premises. Festival volunteers, staff, and security appreciate your cooperation.
What can’t I bring?
No fireworks. No alcohol. No Chains. No weapons… basically don’t bring anything you wouldn’t bring to the airport.
I am a photographer. Can I bring my gear and shoot the artists on stage?
Professional photography and recording equipment is prohibited. Only official Festival-approved photographers are permitted to take photographs.
That band was amazing. Can I buy their album and tour t-shirt somewhere?
There is a merchandise and CD sales tent at Marion Dewar Plaza close to the box office tent.
If it is raining will tonight’s show be cancelled?
Outdoor shows at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival will run rain or shine. Concerts may be delayed but will resume shortly after the worst of the rain has subsided. Ponchos are for sale at the merchandise tent close to the box office tent.
I am worried about hearing loss. Do you have any literature I can look at to inform me of the risks and precautions I can take?
Yes we do… generously provided by Ottawa Public Health